Location: UK: London
Opportunity: 3-year Apprenticeship Retraining Programme
Start Date: ASAP
Apply by: 1 March 2024
Introducing the Workday Career Transition Sales Apprenticeship Programme, supporting individuals to transition previously gained skills into a career in Sales.
This 3-year programme is intended for those looking to launch, re-launch or transition into a B2B Sales career. If you are motivated by a challenge, have good listening skills, can think on your feet and have a bit of a competitive drive, this is the start to your career in B2B Sales.
About the Programme
Talent is everywhere, opportunity is not. Workday recognises the diverse perspectives and skills that individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds bring to a team and with this make their business thrive.
To support their mission, Workday is introducing its Career Transition Sales Apprenticeship Programme as part of its Opportunity Onramps® movement, focused on giving individual career transitioners the training they need to step into the Business to Business (B2B) Sales space.
About the team
The Workday Sales team based in the UK is responsible for growing the UKI Workday business, sourcing new prospects and selling to customers their wide variety of offerings including Human Capital Management (HCM) software to a range of clients across sectors including Retail, Financial Services, Fintech, Public Sector and Utilities.
This role will be working as part of their Sales team focused on selling to the Financial Services industry. This is a fairly new team which provides plenty of opportunity for growth, development and career advancement. As you join the team, you will have the opportunity to learn from experts in the field, and gain deep industry knowledge and expertise as you progress through the Programme. Interest and curiosity about the FSI sector is essential to be successful in this role.
Are you passionate about solving business problems with a desire to win? Have you gained experience in a fast-paced environment where you have had to develop outstanding communication skills, resilience and are driven by growth and customer success?
Workday is seeking professional individuals who can demonstrate:
- Desire and hunger to learn
- Curiosity and passion for driving business growth and success
- Passion for customer satisfaction and problem solving abilities
- Goal oriented and resilience
- Passion for Financial Services – while direct industry experience is not required, a genuine passion for the sector and curiosity about the FSI landscape are essential
If the above sounds like you, a career in Sales may be the route for you.
To apply for this opportunity, you need:
- To have obtained at least 96 UCAS points from 3 A Levels (or equivalent qualification eg. BTEC) at Grade C or above
- To have obtained GCSE Maths and English at Grade C/Grade 4 or above
- You must not have a Sales degree
- Due to UK government apprenticeship funding rules, you must have lived in the UK for at least 3 years and have permission from the UK government to live in the UK (not for educational purposes) or have obtained pre-settled or settled status
- Ability to work in their City of London office location
- Exposure to corporate environments
- Exceptional communication skills with previous customer facing experience
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Driving to completion, resilience and a natural desire to succeed
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate accountability
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Your self-starter attitude and initiative do not compromise your openness to coaching and constructive feedback
Additional important information:
- You must be able to join Workday by late April 2024
- You will commence the 3-year B2B Sales Apprenticeship with Middlesex University from September 2024
- The role is predominantly based in London, although it may require some level of travel – mostly across the UK and occasionally Ireland
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, helping customers adapt and thrive in a changing world. Workday applications for financial management, human resources, planning, spend management, and analytics have been adopted by thousands of organisations around the world and across industries—from medium-size businesses to more than 45 percent of the Fortune 500.
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. Workday is committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. They work hard, and they’re serious about what they do. But they like to have a good time, too. In fact, they run their company with that principle in mind every day: one of their core values is fun.
At Workday, their employees have always been their number one Core Value. They understand that everyone has unique experiences and perspectives which is why their mission is to create a safe space where all people and ideas are welcomed. Their commitment to value inclusion, belonging, and equity (VIBE™) and creating a brighter workday for all is the cornerstone of all they do. Join them!
How to apply
For more information on each of the roles and to apply, click on the relevant links below:
Workday will be completing assessments end of February 2024 so apply ASAP.
If you have any questions in relation to the advert please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Workday will contact applicants directly, they ask that you do not email them to follow up on your application.