Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Start date: 7 May 2024
Apply By: 29 February 2024
Career Returners is launching a new Insurance Cross-Company Returner Programme.
The programme will run for 6 months with opportunities across the UK. The programme is targeted at experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break of 18 months or more who are interested in returning to the Insurance Sector. Participating companies are Ageas, Fidelis MGU, First Central, Howden Group and Markel.
How will you benefit from the programme?
- The programme offers a professionally paid placement of 6 months, from May to November 24
- Positions are at a professional level with a range of roles and areas available
- There will be a strong likelihood of a permanent role at the end of programme
- The programme is expected to include hybrid working. Various flexible working options may be available depending on the employer organisation and the role
Supporting Your Application
To help you prepare for the application process and as a follow-on from the launch event, Career Returners will provide two support workshops:
- How to Create a Compelling CV: Thursday 1 February, 11am-12pm (recording available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interview Preparation: Thursday 29 February, 11am-12pm (register by 27 February)
Please register for the workshops here. If you have already registered for these as part of the launch event registration, you do not need to do it again.
Support on the Programme
If you are successful in securing a place on the programme, to help you transition back into the workplace, you will receive internal mentoring and a buddy, together with coaching support from Career Returners. As coaching support will be delivered centrally, you will benefit from a supportive peer network of like-minded people.
Who are they looking for?
Experienced individuals who have taken a career break of 18 months or more (as at May 2024).
You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years. Each company will have different additional criteria for the experience and skills they are looking for, according to the roles available.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
What is the recruitment process?
- Stage 1: Send CV & cover letter to the company you are interested in using the links below
- Stage 2: (possible) Have a telephone screening interview
- Stage 3: Attend a face-to-face interview
How do you apply?
Apply directly to the participating company you are interested in, via the links on the relevant company page below:
The closing date for applications is 29 February 2024 at 23:59.
Questions? See FAQs. If you have other questions on the programme itself, please contact email@example.com. For queries on specific company placements, please contact the individual company via the email on their advert.