Location: UK: Birmingham
Opportunity: Supported Hiring into permanent roles
Start Date: March 2024
Apply by: ASAP
Are you ready to restart your career and Connect for Good? Return to work with BT and help them build the future
BT is partnering with Career Returners (previously Women Returners) to offer supported hiring in their Networks team. They are looking for candidates with Technical Delivery Management and welcome returner candidates to apply for these roles.
A successful returner candidate, who has had a career break of 18 months or more, will receive coaching support through the transition period from Career Returners (previously Women Returners). Your career break may have been for childcare, eldercare, relocation or other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around other commitments or not done any paid work for a number of years.
BT is committed to the development of all its people – for them it is will over skill – if you have a passion for the field but only some of the skills below, they would still love to hear from you. BT is committed to flexible working and making a role work for the best individual.
Over the next 3-6 months they are hiring for multiple Technical Delivery Managers with experience in Digital, Cloud, Networking, Infrastructure, Security, or Software fields.
Ideally, they seek candidates who:
- Have experience managing stakeholders, both internal and external, preferably including interactions with external clients.
- Have a proven track record of delivering projects, products, or solutions.
- Possess knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively engage with technical teams such as engineers, developers, and architects.
- Have experience working in a matrix management environment.
- Any familiarity with the telecommunications or major technology industries would be advantageous.
- Delivery Manager (Internet Services): They are seeking a Delivery Manager to oversee various projects focused on expanding their fixed networks into rural areas globally. This role will involve working on the delivery of new products and automation within this space. Interaction with network engineering teams, architects, and vendors is integral to this role.
- Technical Delivery Manager (Wholesale Business): This position is situated within their wholesale business, focusing on delivering Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software products to their B2B customers. Specifically, the role centres on management and support solutions for businesses selling broadband services.
- Delivery Manager (Infrastructure): This Delivery Manager role is based within their project business unit, concentrating on delivering connectivity, data centre, and network projects.
They encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. They are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace environment.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, they take pride in everything they do – and in the people who work there. They’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And they’re on a mission. Guided by their core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant their goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential. So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join them today and release yours?
BT’s mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join them today and release yours. There are two things that they want to share with anyone considering joining them.
Firstly, they’ve got big ambitions for their colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include their vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation they have and every decision they make. They want their workforce to fully represent the communities and customers they serve, because a diverse business is a better business. They value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When they say you’re welcome at BT, they really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught them is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, they are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
How to Apply
Find out more about the role and apply by contacting Daniel McCarthy: Daniel.McCarthy@bt.com
** IMPORTANT: In order to flag that you are a returner to the BT recruitment team, include ‘Career Returners’ in the title of your email **
Apply ASAP as applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. Closing date is 31 May 2024