Location: UK: Belfast
Opportunity: Supported Hiring into permanent role
Start Date: ASAP
Apply by: 1 March 2024
Restart your career with BT
BT is partnering with Career Returners (previously Women Returners) to offer supported hiring in their Digital Sales Motion Department. They are looking for a Salesforce Senior Engineering Manager to apply for this role.
A successful returner candidate, who has had a career break of 18 months or more, will receive coaching support through the transition period from Career Returners. Your career break may have been for childcare, eldercare, relocation or other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around other commitments or not done any paid work for a number of years.
BT is committed to the development of all its people – for them it is will over skill – if you have a passion for the field but only some of the skills below, they would still love to hear from you. BT is committed to flexible working and making a role work for the best individual.
The location for this hybrid role (3 days a week in the office) is Belfast.
The Salesforce Senior Engineering Manager will play a pivotal role in guiding the transformation of Sales motions within BT Business. Through your leadership and technical prowess, you will facilitate the building of agile teams, the retirement of legacy applications, the build out of a best in class Sales motion for all segments and the subsequent the adoption of the new journeys and processes.
This is a very exciting time to be a part of this team. You will play a crucial role in one of Europe’s biggest and most ambitious Salesforce transformations. The transformation is critical to the success of BT Business and is recognised by executive leadership at the level of the C-suite. The transformed Sales journeys you will help build will ultimately serve all of BT Business’ customers from the smallest home offices to the largest multinational companies.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead Salesforce engineering teams critical to the Sales motion transformation ensuring the delivery of high-quality no-code and code functionality within time and budget
- Leverage your expertise in Salesforce and related tooling to ensure that teams are not just building functionality but building it the right way; being mindful of best practices, industry standards and architectural principles
- Keep up with the latest Salesforce releases making sure we are leveraging the best and latest from Salesforce
- Mentor, coach, and manage several team mates to develop the current and future team’s capabilities and ensure performance in delivering the most impactful features
- Drive an engineering culture that supports innovation, creativity and most importantly a drive to achieve business outcomes and objectives
- Work across boundaries with Product owner, BAs, Designers and other key roles to find the best possible solutions to fulfil business requirements
- Ensuring the development and adoption of a DevOps mindset across the team
- Leading the implementation of continuous improvement opportunities to improve the Salesforce team’s processes
- Maintaining tight and strict cost control to ensure we don’t overrun our budgets and make the most of the resources we’ve deployed at any given time
- Collaborating, maintaining and building relationships with stakeholders across the business from customers to internal project and programme managers and senior executives
- Salesforce Architecture
- Salesforce Development
- Technical Team Leadership
- Agile ways of working
- Cost control/Budget management
- Change Management
- Culture Building
- Technology Governance
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Business case development
- Demonstrated Leadership: Ability to lead and inspire a team of Salesforce developers testers and architects providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative work environment
- Salesforce Architecture and Development: Strong understanding of Salesforce architecture and development principles with the ability to be hands-on
- Project Management: Proven experience in managing complex software development projects, including planning, resource allocation, and timely delivery
- Strategic Vision: Ability to align software engineering initiatives with broader organizational goals and drive the long-term technical roadmap for the team
- People Management: Skilled in recruiting, hiring, and retaining top engineering talent, as well as managing performance, conducting regular feedback sessions, and career development planning
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Proven track record of effectively collaborating with product managers, designers, quality assurance teams, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality software solutions
- Agile Methodologies: Experience implementing and optimising Agile or similar development processes, fostering continuous improvement, and ensuring efficient execution
- Risk Management: Ability to identify and mitigate technical risks, proactively address potential roadblocks, and make data-driven decisions to minimize project disruptions
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, facilitating effective collaboration and understanding
- Industry Awareness: Strong knowledge of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in software engineering, keeping the team up-to-date and encouraging innovation
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 15% on target bonus
- Company car cash allowance
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical cover
- Direct share scheme
- 50% off EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
- BT TV with TNT Sports and NOW Entertainment
- 50% discount for friends and family on EE SIM Only plans & airtime element off a Flex Pay plan
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, they take pride in everything they do – and in the people who work there. They’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And they’re on a mission. Guided by their core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant their goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential. So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join them today and release yours?
BT’s mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join them today and release yours. There are two things that they want to share with anyone considering joining them.
Firstly, they’ve got big ambitions for their colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include their vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation they have and every decision they make. They want their workforce to fully represent the communities and customers they serve, because a diverse business is a better business. They value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When they say you’re welcome at BT, they really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught them is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, they are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
How to Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page.
Find out more about the role and apply using the link below:
** IMPORTANT: In order to flag that you are a returner to the BT recruitment team, when you’re asked in the application process for ‘Source’ choose ‘Selected don’t apply to me’, then ‘Other’, then type ‘Career Returners’ **
Apply ASAP as applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. Closing date is 1 March 2024.
For any questions, complete this form, including details of the role you’re interested in and that you are a career returner: Careers enquiries – Contact BT | BT Plc