Location: UK: Eastleigh, Bournemouth, Gloucester and London
Opportunity: 6-month returnship as part of the Insurance Cross-Company Returner Programme 2024
Start date: 7 May 2024
Apply by: 29 February 2024
Ageas Insurance is one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK, and they are proud to be participating in the Insurance Cross-Company 2024 Returner Programme. This programme will be delivered within their IT, Underwriting, Finance and Digital Marketing business functions and is targeted at experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break of 18 months or more.
- Their people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service they provide to over four million customers.
- As an inclusive employer, they encourage anyone to apply. They’re a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Leader (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria).
- Their aim is to have great people everywhere in their business and they’re always looking for outstanding people to join them. Most roles across Ageas allow a proportion of your time to be spent working from home and they’re open to discussing flexible working, including full-time, part-time or job share arrangements. To find out more about Ageas, click here.
At Ageas they offer a wide range of benefits to support you and your family inside and outside of work, which helped them achieve Top Employer status in the UK.
- Flexible Working – Smart Working @ Ageas gives employees flexibility around location (as long as it’s within the UK) and, for many of their roles, flexibility within the working day to manage other commitments, such as school drop offs etc. They also offer a minimum of 35 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) and you can buy and sell days.
- Supporting your Health and Wellbeing – Mental Health First Aiders, Employee Assistance Programme, Sports and Social Club events and more.
About the Programme
- The programme offers a professionally paid placement of 6 months, from May to November 2024
- There will be the potential of a permanent role at the end of the programme
- To support your transition back into the workplace, you will receive an internal mentor and a buddy for your day-to-day questions
- You will also benefit from Career Returners’ Coaching Programme throughout your time on the programme
- As part of the cross-company programme, you will have a ready-made peer support group of other returners re-entering the insurance sector
Opportunities on the Programme
- Using various predictive models and pricing techniques to analyse existing business and create pricing proposals to maximise profitable growth.
- The team is looking for someone highly numerate, who is used to working with large data sets and preferably has use of programming languages such as Python, R, SQL, SAS.
- Maintaining Ageas’ products from an Underwriting perspective including rules, technical documentation and policy wordings as well as market and product segment analysis to ensure Ageas delivers profitable growth. Delivery of new underwriting concepts, development of new products and reacting to regulatory change to ensure Ageas remains market leading in their chosen segments.
- The team is seeking someone with underwriting experience and skills in problem solving, attention to detail and a willingness to continually learn.
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Working with their dynamic Digital Marketing Team, to Deliver user experience and interface design along with the development of Ageas’ online presence.
- The team is seeking skills in: building, testing and implementation of websites, digital analytics, design tools, UX principles and interaction design, user research, risk management.
- Their main products are Motor and Household, for which they do reserving, claims investigations, and work with Pricing to help inform rating strategy.
- The team is seeking skills in: Problem solving, actuarial experience, reserving.
Digital Brand Designer
- The Digital Brand Designer will play a central role in the shaping of Ageas’s digital ecosystem, ranging from the visuals that make up the core brand experience online to the various product offerings and user journeys.
- In addition to visual design talent, success in this role is dependent on the ability to take initiative to propose new digital brand experiences, with the goal to offer a full end to end digital insurance experience, all the while maintaining (and strengthening) the thread that must connect all Ageas branded experiences together.
Digital Design Lead
- You will take project and business deliverables and translate them into pixel-perfect visuals and first-class user journeys.
- In addition to visual design talent, you will have the ability to take initiative to propose new digital brand experiences, with the goal to offer a full end to end digital insurance experience. All the while maintaining (and strengthening) the thread that must connect all Ageas branded experiences together.
- Provide support to deliver finance, accounting services and insight that enables the business partners and wider business to make decisions to deliver its products and services. As an FP&A Analyst, you will work closely with Stakeholders of all levels across the business, providing analysis and reporting that is efficient and accurate.
- You will also provide critical and constructive insight to support commercial decisions and planning, implementation of financial controls and governance in line with their risk and regulatory requirements
- Develop internal and external systems, websites, APIs and service layers so that their customers can get peace of mind with the right insurance cover for their homes, wheels, and pets and so their staff can make life easy when it’s time to make a claim.
- Understanding and clarifying business requirements, providing estimates, producing design documents, refining ideas with Architecture and other developers, writing code, creating automated tests, supporting your work as it goes through rigorous user testing and implementing changes, all within project deadlines.
To apply for this programme you must have the right to work in the UK. Sponsorship will not be provided.
Your career break must be 18 months or more as at May 2024. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or you may not have done any paid work for a number of years.
How to Apply
To apply to the programme, email your CV to Daniel.email@example.com and highlight in the subject of the email the role you are applying for. Please ensure your career break is clearly highlighted on your CV.
If you have any questions on the programme, email Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 29 February 2024.