Location: Ireland: Limerick and Dublin
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Start Date: June 2023
Apply by: ASAP, latest 16 April 2023
*Applications have now closed*
Northern Trust Ireland is proud to announce the launch of their very first Northern Trust Ireland – Career Returners Programme. The 6-month returnship programme starting in June 2023 is designed for professionals wanting to return to work in the Financial Services sector in Ireland, both in Dublin and Limerick after an extended career break of 2 years or more (as at June 2023).
What you can expect from the Returners Programme?
- The programme offers a paid placement of 6 months, with the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the placement.
- You will receive internal and external support to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace, including a mentor, buddy and Returner Coaching from Women Returners.
- As the coaching will be delivered as a cohort, you will benefit from a ready-made peer support group of other returners.
Northern Trust will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days. They value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups)
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives
About the roles
Northern Trust utilizes innovative technology, deep expertise and personalised service to provide integrated solutions to their clients, that keep pace with their needs and help them make more insightful business decisions. Northern Trust is looking to fill several positions including:
Limerick based roles: Team Leader, Fund Accounting and Technical Co-Ordinator, Custody.
Dublin based roles: Company Secretarial role.
They appreciate that you may not have direct experience in these roles. However, they will consider a variety of transferrable skills, as outlined below.
The successful candidates will benefit from having some of the following skills:
- Prior experience in the Financial Services industry
- Previous people management experience
- Client service/account management experience within financial services/insurance industry
- Minute taking experience/ legal secretary experience
- Previous call centre experience
- Good communication skills including verbal, written and non-verbal
- Demonstrated analytical skills that includes problem solving and risk mitigation
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust is a global leader with 130+ years of financial experience and over 22,000 employees globally who specialize in innovative wealth management, asset servicing and investment solutions and are proud to guide the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities they serve.
You can watch a video to find out more about Northern Trust here
To find out more about the culture at Northern Trust, click here
Click here to find out why employees like to work at Northern Trust.
How to Apply
Please apply to the programme by clicking here
Please submit your application ASAP as the team will be reviewing CVs as they are received. The closing date is 16 April 2023.
If you have any questions on the event, please contact Owen McSweeney.